Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's a Wrap


I finished another custom order. A wrap skirt for a friend who rides her bike everywhere. She wanted a skirt that made pedaling a breeze while keeping her ladylike.


I ran across the free pattern in the Spring 2009 issue of Stitch magazine.


The pattern, while easy to put together, has some major flaws. The ties are ridiculously long, it calls for belt loops but then gives no direction or mention of openings in the waistband to make the tie up practical. I improvised and ended up miscalculating a bit. In the end I don't know if it will work. I will give it to her anyway as a birthday gift and perhaps design my own version with hopefully a happier ending.

My favorite part of making it was painting the pocket with fabric paint. I love that little bee!

2 comments:

Mare said...

Oh that is a sweet skirt..especially the little pocket design. i love the colors too.

diane said...

everything you make is SO CUTE!
i love the bee too!!