Monday, June 25, 2012

Hello Monday Mail Call


Silver pail necklace from Silverpebble Jewelry

There has been some rather exciting mail coming in to the little green cottage recently. There is nothing quite like receiving a parcel in the post, savoring the opening of the package and seeing the magical things inside. Since I began this blog, I have received such amazing things from far away places and fabulous friends. Hooray for that!

First, let me tell you, it was quite a thrill to get a note from the lovely Emma Mitchell of Silverpebble asking me to make a prairie dress for her sweet girl. Would I? Oh indeed I would! We came to the amicable arrangement of a swap, such a good idea you know considering she makes the prettiest jewelry. Oh, and did you hear? She was featured in Country Living Magazine UK along with her wonderful studio and garden!


While I sewed away here in the verdant green of the Northwest United States, she created away over there "on the edge of the watery fens in England." Off went our packages across the sea and landed on each other's doorsteps within a few days of one another.

I could not be happier. I spied this little silver pail necklace some time ago and I was smitten. It is gorgeous and a little quirky so of course I wanted it. Now I have one of my very own made with love and care by Emma. She was very kind and sent along a few little extras in the way of wee vintage doilies and buttons, yes I think she knew just what I would like.


Please go take a look at the Silverpebble shop, she has a whole array of beautiful jewelry to choose from.

I wish I lived down the lane from her, and not just to hang about in her garden and studio, as she also teaches workshops!

Thank you so much Emma! I love my necklace and so enjoyed our swap!

I'll be back tomorrow with another bit of truly magical mail.




15 comments:

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Oh I love her jewelry! That little bucket necklace looks lovely on you ♥ What a wonderful little swap - great mail is always the best.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Emma's work is beautiful. :)
I have just won a giveaway on her blog - how lucky am I?? :)
Your little pail is so pretty!

Unknown said...

That necklace is soooooo cute! Off to check out her shop.

Annie Cholewa said...

Emma's work is just gorgeous isn't it. Sounds like the perfect swop to me :D

Rosamargarita said...

Que regalo tan maravilloso Lola, increíble.
Disfrútalo.
Un abrazo
GRACIAS por no tener la palabra de verificación

teddybearswednesday said...

OH my godness that is just the sweetess thing!!
love! and thank you for introducing me to her work xo

Jennie said...

This is simply gorgeous - I LOVE it!!x

Sherri B. said...

Oh my, if that isn't the most precious piece of jewelry! And what a nice compliment to have a request for the sweet prairie dress...I do think it was an equal swap, to be sure!

Very curious to see what will come out of the mail next! xo

vintage grey said...

Oh, this necklace is so sweet! Thanks for sharing about it! Wishing you a lovely week! xo Heather

Kate said...

That is just about the best swap ever.
Gorgeous for gorgeous. x

harmony and rosie said...

I just saw the photos of Emma's little girl in your prairie dress - adorable! I love your little pail, it looks fantastic on you and your photos have done Emma proud!
Take care xx

andrea creates said...

such a sweet necklace!
:)

silverpebble said...

I cannot tell you how happy my girl is with her frock. She wanted to wear it for a little while before school this morning and that's when I took the snaps on my post. She ploughed into her playing with even more gusto than usual. She adores it. Thankyou so so much xx

..and I'm so pleased you liked your part of the swap too.

❀ Sassybelle Blooms said...

Hello.....I'm newish to your blog.....I've been secretly and quietly viewing from the sidelines for a couple of weeks.....I love it....you blog that is....and your style.....so relaxed and comfortable.....and I absolutely ADORE that sweetest ever little silver pail necklace.....I'll have to go read my copy of Country Living....still languishing on the To-Read pile....to read about Emma and her garden and lovely jewellery.....Sassybelle -xx-

june at noon said...

Oh, wow, it's just beautiful! Lucky you!