Monday, December 17, 2012

Tiny Christmas


I have declared this year to be the year of the "Tiny Christmas". The big box of fa la la la la has not come up from the basement, only one small strand of twinkle lights has festooned the living room window, and we have cut way back on the present madness as well.

As you can see we even have a tiny tree. We are to be spending the holiday with family elsewhere and we are all very excited for that, but 'round here we are having a Tiny Christmas, just to feel a little jolly and bright on these dark, cold and wet days of winter.


Though today is the official day, we had a little early celebration of my birthday this weekend. A small party of just us three. I will tell you right now that The Engineer is one good man! Not only did he cook me a most delicious dinner, the man baked me a cake! A really, really, amazingly fantastic cake!

I am one lucky lady.

This has been a crazy old year, full of highs and lows and all sorts of in between. I am feeling a bit more of the effects of getting older these days. I am enjoying some of those effects more than others I can tell you. As I look back, I feel tremendously blessed and I look forward to a shiny new year and the adventures it holds in store.

Thank you all for joining me here and sharing this last year with me, I am truly grateful.


My wish is for all of us to have a happy, healthy and inspired new year!

19 comments:

Annie Cholewa said...

So he's a keeper then ... that's some cake!

Happy Birthday Alex, and enjoy your tiny Christmas :D

Flaming Nora said...

Loving the tiny Christmas, dwarfed completely by your birthday cake. Also loving the little felt trees, may have to get me some of those, have a little pine forest thing going on this year. Have a wonderful day. xxx

Katiebee said...

happy birthday~

Mare said...

Happy Birthday my Sweet Friend! And i LOVE your little Christmas...especially that tree! Have a wonderful time celebrating the Holidays with your loved ones, and give Pony Girl a hug for me! Love, mare

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday Alex!
That cake looks SO good - what a clever!XXXOOO

Mom L said...

Your cake looks heavenly! And I LOVE the little felt/big button trees - they are adorable. Hugs to all,
Nancy in Iowa (hope to be Nancy in Savannah by this time, or sooner, next year!)

vintage grey said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Blessings, Heather

Grammy Braxton said...

Happy Birthday! And congrats on that great man! He's definitely a keeper, if he can make a delicious chocolate cake, yummmmm!

Hugs,
Sharon

mel @ loved handmade said...

Ooh that cake does look good, happy Birthday!! Your Christmas sounds a little like ours, enjoy!! x

Ashley cramp said...

Wishing you a joyous cheery christmas and a loving new year...
d x

Laila said...

Have a happy birthday!!

Heather said...

lovely, what a cake! happy birthday! Heather x

Naturally Carol said...

Tiny can be very very sweet! A very merry and fun filled Christmas to you and your family. The chocolate cake looks mouthwatering...did the lumberjack get a piece?

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex
A belated Happy Birthday to you! All the best people are born in December ;-)
I love the idea of a tiny Christmas - especially as our home is so easily filled to bursting. And yes, may the next year be healthy and happy - what more can one want?
Wishing you many happy days in the coming year,
Josie x

harmony and rosie said...

Hello my darling friend, I made a big fat mental note to pop in on Monday to say Happy Returns .. and then I forgot. Oh dear. Just as well the Engineer made up for it isn't it?
So Happy Birthday to you and may you have the sweetest of Christmas's. Did you get snow today?
xox

Unknown said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. The cake looks delicious!

june at noon said...

That cake! Mmmmm!

Happy birthday to you!

Carol said...

Happy (littlle) Christmas.
Carol xx

Fledgling said...

Merry Tiny Christmas. And huge happy birthday. (Do not fret: It takes a long time to become young).

Many, many happy wishes to you!

XOXO -N.